LipiView II Ocular Surface Interferometer measures lipid layer thickness (LLT) with nanometer accuracy, captures blink dynamics, and images meibomian gland construction. The dynamic meibomian imaging (DMI) style uses a mixture of dynamic illumination and adaptive transillumination to minimize reflection or compensate for lid depth variation between patients.
The LipiView II Interferometer includes patented technology that provides a complicated assessment of factors that contribute to dry eye. Compelling visuals and movie capture supply an exceptional opportunity to educate patients about their private ocular health.
The LipiView II® Ocular Surface Interferometer is an ophthalmic imaging device that is intended for use by a doctor in adult patients to capture, archive, control, and store digital images of:
- Specular (interferometric) observations of the tear film. Using these images, LipiView II® measures the absolute thickness of the tear film lipid layer.
- Meibomian glands under near-infrared (NIR) illumination
- The ocular surface and eyelids under white illumination
LIPIVIEW II FEATURES
- Real-time visualization of the lipid layer to evaluate the dynamic response of lipids to blinking
- Patented noise-canceling technology to measure a sub-micron thickness of the lipid layer
- Video and analysis of blink dynamics
- High-definition imaging with Dynamic Meibomian Imaging