Kowa SL – 15 is high-quality optics with compact lithium-ion battery-on board
Sometimes it is a good idea to have a portable slit lamp that comes with the versatility and convenience for you to move with it from place to place. Whether you are visiting a patient in their residences or you are conducting a free communal clinic, you will always appreciate the portable medical devices. The Kowa SL – 15 is one such portable handheld slit that every eye care professional should have, even if they have already invested in the other models.
The Kowa SL – 15 features a lightweight design, and you will be surprised to know that it weighs just about 800grams. Its versatile design makes it easy to handle and operate, and with features, it contains, you can expect to get very good performances from this compact slit lamp.
Features for comfort, and convenience
The notable features for convenience, comfort, and performance you find in this Kowa SL – 15 include-:
- A cordless rechargeable battery which makes it possible for users to use it without any restrictions. They have the ability to examine anywhere.
- Easily accessible controls – you will have no problems in accessing the controls of this slit lamp. For example, the lighting switch conveniently sits on the grip for ease of use.
- A sturdy stand which also doubles up as the charger
- It uses lithium-ion batteries and in addition to the main unit, there is a spare one to ensure that illumination goes on when the equipment is in use. The capacity of the batteries is also long and can support up to 40 minutes of continuous usage.
- Allows for both digital and video recording of the examinations.
Kowa SL – 15 Specifications:
- Slit Width 0.1mm, 0.2mm, 0.8mm, spot
- Light Intensity Selected Among Full, 1/4 and 1/16
- Slit Projection Angle Horizontal, 60 degree
- Light Source 7.5V, 12W halogen lamp
- Duration of Illumination Approx. 40 minutes
- Electric Rating 8.4 VDC (special purpose battery), 15W
- Dimensions 221(W) x 106(D) x 214(H)
- Weight 790g / 27.87oz
- Power unit (charger)
- Output terminal: For charging both built-in power pack and spare power pack
- Input Voltage: AC100 ~ 240V, 50/60Hz
- Power consumption: 90VA
- Dimension: 124(W) x 253(D) x 68(H)
- Weight: 1250g / 44.09oz
The Kowa SL – 15 has the convenience of being compact and portable and most professionals will find it very suitable for domiciliary environments. It is ideal for a variety of situations, with the most common ones being emergencies, situations that call for mobility challenges, as well as situations which involve switching from one consultation room to another.
The equipment guarantees a cordless rechargeable operation with a battery that has the capacity necessary to offer continuous LED illumination during examinations. The base as a stand that also doubles up as the charger and can conveniently accommodate both the spare lithium-ion battery and the main unit all at the same time.
Kowa SL – 15 has a flexible recording tool
There are very many reasons why an eye care professional may desire to record images during ophthalmic examinations. For example, they may want to use the recordings for reviews and patient follow-ups, while others may use the recording to explain to the patients the conditions they may be having.
Though most of the slit lamps in the market today have the ability to make such recordings, very few portable units will have this ability and the Kowa SL – 15 happens to be one of the lucky few. The lamp has the ability to support video or digital cameras with the help of an optional c-mount camera adaptor which can then be used for instant imaging.